ASF - I gets together the ASF centres from different parts of the world in order to keep the same Spirit.
OUR AIM : TRAIN IN ACUPUNCTURE HEALTH PRACTITIONNERS IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
Why Acupuncture ?
It is not expansive: the cost of the material for acupuncture treatment is low (needles, disinfectant), which makes an easy access for patients to be treated for common illnesses. It also allows important savings of medicines often expansive and/or rare in these countries.
It helps acquiring self-reliance: of the trained practitioners as well as the global health system of a region or a country concerned, which reduces considerably the dependence on foreign assistance.
It is a preventive and curative treatment: acupuncture works towards the preservation of human dignity and protection of the environment.
- Basic training in acupuncture easy to organise
- Curative and preventive action
- Independence towards medicines often rare and expensive
- Self-reliance of the place of treatment and the trained practitioners
- Easy integration within occidental and traditional medical care of the country
- Encouraged and recommended by WHO (the world health organisation)
FOR AN ALTERNATIVE COMPLEMENTARY AND UNEXPENSIVE MEDICAL CARE
Thus, the AWB centres contribute to the development of more autonomy within the populations who have a poor access to health care, by offering them a training and practical treatment in acupuncture.